I started making this shirt for “M” yesterday, traced the pattern, cut out the fabric and sewed the back to the yoke. This afternoon after work, I sewed the back yoke to the fronts, created the collar and stand, sewed the stand to the shirt, attached the sleeves and sewed up the sides. I essentially completed the shirt (no buttons, button holes or hems yet) and it fit like a glove! I used a hideous fabric bought in error from King Textiles. When I got it out into the sunshine I noticed an ugly 80’s crinkle/worn look to the printed stripes, UG! Lesson learned.
I purchased a linen/cotton mix on sale from Fabric Land on Saturday and wanted to test the pattern before cutting up fine linen. This pattern makes a great shirt, it’s easy for beginners and looks fantastic!