Yesterday I was going to write a post entitled something like “Quilting Fail” but it really wasn’t a fail, I was just running out of steam.
I put together the quilt back for my Backyard Jellybean quilt and started quilting it. I have to admit, I love piecing and quilting small, manageable items but I’m not so big on quilting anything larger. Having to wrestle the quilt back and forth through the throat of the machine really doesn’t put a song in my heart.
I also sewed together a bunch of little triangle scraps from my Backyard Baby fabric and made a mug rug to practice free motion quilting on and broke a needle on one of the very bulky seams. I have to work on making my seams more managable, especially with traingles, you know how fat and ungainly those can get!!
Lastly, I worked on my Covert Robin gift. I tried the velvet and raw silk idea but it really wasn’t turning my crank (or DH’s for that matter) so I scrapped that project and moved on with some Patricia Bravo fabric, photos to come…
I ordered labels from Lilla Lotta on Etsy, I discovered her through Red Pepper Quilts, will show and tell once they arrive.