Can-O-Worms

What was I thinking when I added a border to the back of the quilt which echoed the front? Oh yeah, I WASN’T (thinking)!! I love the back but I opened a whole can of worms on myself.

 

Why you ask? Well, I created a row of chevrons on the back of the quilt which echo a row of chevrons on the front. I also added those lovely crisp, white boders on the top and botton of the quilt back which also match up with the front. This creates a problem when free motion quilting because unless the front and back are lined up perfectly, the free motion quilting wouldn’t look right on the back of the quilt.

Earlier today I based the front to the back and began to stitch up one of the chevron that line up with one of the front chevrons using my walking foot but quickly realized half way up one seam that it was off so I took out the sewing and HAND STITCHED up the chevrons to make sure they matched the front. Then I hand stitched the top and bottom borders to make sure the front and back matched. FYI, my hand stitches are small, not microscopic but small enough that I went through FOUR movies while I completed this task. After all that stitching I pin basted and am ready to start free motion quilting tomorrow.

I find it really exciting when a quilt top starts to become a quilt, I love this design and can’t wait to see it all finished. What a labour of love! I’m sorry if there are any typos or grammatical errors in this post, I’m exhausted!

 

 

A Backyard Baby Jellybean Finish!

Man oh man, memba this?

Well, I finally finished it! I had originally started quilting fans on my domestic machine but found it too difficult and figured it best left to the long arm quilters. So, this week I spent two evenings unpicking all the quilting I’d done.  I wasn’t really sure how I would quilt this, I love the fabrics and didn’t want to detract from them so I thought I’d just keep it simple.

I used Camille’s Jellybean quilt pattern with Patty Sloniger’s Backyard Baby fabric, so cute and perfect for a boy!

My friend Linda is now expecting but she’s decided not to find out the sex of her baby however, I’m going to go ahead and make the In Reverse quilt pattern by Frivolous Necessity using a mixture of Ruby, Vintage Modern and Marmalade by Bonnie & Camille. If she has a boy, I’ll just have to make something else! 😀

See you tomorrow with yet another new hair style!